Starting with SEO can be a little tricky considering the information overload. Getting mixed up with the tactics can prevent you from practising your skills well. An SEO course in Kolkata can be instrumental in not only learning the basics of SEO but also learning how to implement the practices.
Here are some tips that will help you get started with SEO properly:
1. Understand search pattern – Modern times have witnessed a shift from keyword testing to understanding the search intent of the audience. You should understand how your target audience is using the search engines and optimise the website accordingly. Do not forget to include conversational queries to your focused keywords list.
2. Quality content for humans – Picking the right keywords for the content of your website isn’t enough. You should use the keywords in relative and engaging content so that people are attracted to your website to read it. Simply stuffing keywords will not appeal to the search engines as they have become too sophisticated these days and the quality of the content plays a huge role in driving traffic. Find a good balance between quality and optimisation.
3. Analyse current traffic – If you are really bewildered about where to start from, you should take a closer look at the existing traffic. Find out the best-performing pages and the keywords that are ranking good. Find out the posts that are at the top and establish what they have in common. This can help you pick the best practices and work on them further.
4. Follow the latest trends – If you want to master SEO, you should always stay up-to-date with the latest changes and trends that might influence the algorithms and tactics you use. Being informed with the latest changes is essential to develop your skills accordingly. Regardless of whether you are a beginner or an experienced SEO professional, you should always read about the SEO changes and how they can affect your strategies and rankings.
5. Identify the ranking factors – The importance of catching up on the latest SEO trends cannot be emphasised enough. A great point to start is to identify the factors that affect the ranking in the SERPs and see how you should optimise content accordingly. Some important factors include page speed, keyword usage, use of backlinks etc.
6. Determine how social media affects SEO – While Social Media is not a primary influencer of SEO, it is still necessary to understand how your social media presence affects the search results. With the growing popularity of social media, search engines have started incorporating social results too. So, it is essential to ensure that your presence is not limited to search results.
SEO is not complicated. To begin, you can simply sign up for an SEO course in Kolkata and work step-by-step to improve your website’s ranking. The best way to do so is to understand how your audience behaves and what their online habits are. Knowing what they search and what content of your website is effective will help you optimise your website well.