Websites are now the most important thing a business or even an individual can have for themselves. A website can accomplish a lot, such as educating their audience, capturing new leads, increasing brand awareness, and overall impressing website visitors to easily spread the word.
Every single one of the websites you see all over the internet has been designed by website designers. As the demand for websites grows, so does the need for capable website designers, making the art of web designing a lucrative job opportunity in a metropolis like Kolkata.
Web design is not entirely a new skill with limited information and resources. But instead, web design has been on the market for several years, and the number of people exploring this opportunity has been continuously growing.
If you are in the same boat as any other ambitious graduate, then here’s what you can expect from this job and prepare for it:
Responsibilities: What does a web designer help accomplish?
Before you get started as a web designer in Kolkata, it is important to know what you are required to do in your new job role. Here are a few of the daily responsibilities usually attributed to a web design job in Kolkata:
- Designing and structuring the website layout
- Create a website with simple navigation.
- Design multiple mockups and sample pages.
- Coordinate with writers to actually create a website.
- Create graphics, animations, and visuals using various programs.
Other than the aforementioned, a web designer is expected to register the web domain while also organizing files.
Skills: What are some needed skills for a web designer?
Anyone who is interested in bagging a web design job in Kolkata needs to have a few skills up their sleeves to be the first choice of employers. These skills include
- Visual design is at the heart of web design.
- UX design, which defines user experience, is another must-have skill.
- Though web developers are the ones who use code, knowing HTML and CSS can help you secure web design jobs in Kolkata.
- Proficiency in the top design programs out there, like CorelDraw, Inkscape, and Adobe Creative Cloud
To make it easier for one to nail their web design job interview, it’s necessary to have the aforementioned skills.
Eligibility: What degree is required for a web design job role?
An individual’s educational background plays an important role in securing their dream job. Web designing jobs in Kolkata also require certain degrees, like the following, to make one seem eligible for the role:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science is what most employers prefer to see in an aspiring web designer.
- A diploma or even a bachelor’s degree in website design can open doors for web designing jobs in Kolkata for anyone.
The aforementioned degrees teach critical computing skills, design work, and expertise in technical programs to broaden one’s horizons in web designing.
Preparation: Are There Any Recommendations for Web Designers in Kolkata?
Creative web design has many aspects that attract people from around the world to take it up as their career. This is partly the reason why there is such a demand for web design jobs. Here’s a guide to prepare this:
- A web designer should master both technical as well as workplace skills to secure such a role. Not only do you need to understand how various design tools work. But having the mindset to work as a team player is what people look for in a web designer.
- A successful web designer is one who understands how the backend works thanks to their technical skills. Handling the backend of a website allows you to improve user interaction, make the design attractive using media, etc.
- Last but not least, web designers are supposed to have some core skills. Things like being creative at work and having a knack for problem-solving and conflict resolution go a long way in the life of a successful web designer.
To conclude, we can say that the demand for web designers is not slowing down any time soon. Therefore, one must keep the aforementioned in mind while looking for web design jobs in Kolkata.